Hera Hub DC, Springboard Enterprises, Fosterly, Black Female Founders and the Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Maryland are pleased to announce the 8 presenters for the SBA 2017 InnovateHER Pitch Competition for the Washington, DC area.
After reviewing 25 applications, we have selected:
- Play, Work or Dash – Family-oriented coworking space offering childcare – Nicole Dash, Founder
- The Pocket Palette – Single-use makeup kit – Lynda T.C. Peralta, Founder
- Pop Up Plus, Inc. – Online and pop up shop for curvy trendsetters – Camille Newman, CEO & Founder
- ReciproCare – Assisting low-income women find jobs in caregiver workforce – Rachel Fuller, Chief Growth Officer
- Scalp Breeze Stimulation– Solution for women and young girls who wear weaves and braided hairstyles – Ivory Mouzon
- Shea Radiance – Natural beauty products – Funlayo Alabi, CEO
- i4Spy – SaaS cybersecurity solution that protects girls and women from mobile spyware – Lavinia Popinceanu, CEO & Founder
The 2017 SBA InnovateHER: Innovating for Women Business Challenge is a national competition that is searching to find businesses that impact and support the lives of women and families. Local competitions, like ours, from around the US will submit their winners and the SBA will select 10 businesses to compete in the national finals. National finalists will compete for a portion of the $70,000 of prize money donated by the Sara Blakely Foundation.
Our panel of judges include:
- Anna Consani, Director of Community and Partnerships, Springboard Enterprises
- Julia Westfall, CEO & Founder, Hera Hub DC
- Adam Zuckerman, Founder, Fosterly
- Xina Eiland, Black Female Founders, President & CEO at X+ PR
- Liz Sara, Board Chair, Dingman Center of Entrepreneurship
What: Pitch competition
When: Thursday, April 6th 6:00 PM
Where: Hera Hub DC – 5028 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 100, Washington, DC 20016
RSVP: Click here
Congratulations to all the presenters! Looking forward to seeing you pitches!