With many years of experience and an MBA, Sarah Calfee (she/her) has the ability to understand business objectives and tie them to people. Her passions for effective communication and for fostering an inspiring culture enable her to find practical and effective solutions through a collaborative process. She is strong in California and Federal compliance and has experience with numerous other US states and internationally, including Mexico, India, Canada, and the UK.
Whether you want to explore the nuances of creating an inclusive culture or dig into the nitty gritty of compliance, she can help you do both, while keeping the big picture business goals aligned.
Given that much of her HR career has required being able to work in virtually all areas of HR, Sarah has significant experience in areas including:
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Design and Development
- HR Operations and Compliance
- Policy and Handbook creation and revision
- Recruitment and Onboarding
- Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Equity
- Conflict Resolution and Employee Relations
- Talent and Performance Management
- Compensation Management
- Corporate restructuring and Mergers & Acquisitions
You can connect with Sarah on any HR related issues. Here are a few prompts to get you started…
- I need to hire my first employee, what things do I need to be aware of?
- I am a contractor or working with contractors and want to make sure I’m following the laws.
- It’s time for me to start formalizing my HR processes and documents. What ones should I prioritize? Performance management, handbook, job descriptions, mission/vision/values statements, etc.
- How can I obtain a more diverse pool of job applicants?
- I need to have a difficult conversation with an employee/vendor/partner, etc. How should I go about it?
Sarah is available from 2pm-4pm PT on the 4th Monday of the month.
Book a 30 minute Zoom session – https://calendly.com/calfeehr/herahub-hr-guru-meeting