This agreement sets the standard terms and expectations for the renter as outlined by Hera Hub Irvine for the express purpose of hosting an event. By reserving and renting this venue, the purchasing renter agrees to these stipulations and rules of conduct as outlined herewith.
The rented space(s) may only be used for pre-approved purposes and event(s), as delineated in the signed rental agreement.
General Room Booking Information
The rental time per the signed rental agreement will commence and conclude as stated per the agreement. To prevent additional fees, make sure to factor in set-up, networking and clean-up/tear-down time in addition to the actual event time.
- As a renter, I am only receiving a license for the agreed upon venue space which may be limited to the rental time that has been reserved and paid for.
- Hera Hub may restrict your access to the premises for any reason immediately before and after your rental time has started and expired.
- I must not act in a manner that, in Hera Hub’s sole discretion, does or is likely to adversely affect the peaceful operation of the premises.
- I will not use the premises for illegal purposes or in any manner that could tarnish the reputation of Hera Hub Irvine.
- I will not tamper with, borrow, or remove any property kept on the premises.
- I will not cause or permit any hazardous substance to be used, stored, generated, released, or disposed of on or in the premises.
- I understand that I must maintain my rental area and the common areas of the premises in a neat, clean, and sanitary condition.
- I will be held solely responsible for the agreed upon rental area, including any common areas.
- I will be held accountable for any injury or damages sustained during the duration of the rental and occupancy on the premises.
- I will be held liable for any guest, invitee, or visitor actions on the premises.
- Any signs, symbols, or other objects displayed on the premises must be approved by Hera Hub.
- The rental space is returned in the same condition and layout as it was received.
- Conference room rentals may not extend beyond the room and flow into the lobby area.
- Chairs, furnishings and decor items from Lobby or any other areas may not be moved and used in meeting rooms.
- Renters and attendees agree to NOT use any other area in the building other than what is outlined in the rental agreement. This includes any/and all professional offices, cubicles, workspaces, coworking/shared open seating, computers, phones, printers, or other areas of the building.
- Any time spent in rooms after business hours or on weekends in any room other than what is outlined in the signed rental agreement will be charged accordingly.
Room Cleaning /Room Detailing
The renter is responsible for thoroughly cleaning the room after use and leaving it in the condition it was found. (If food or beverages are served an additional fee of $50 will be incurred for the booking). Trash bags will be provided. Trash should be taken to the trash area in the parking lot directly across from the building.
Nothing shall be attached to the walls, ceiling, furnishings, or any fixtures. Signs on easels and stand-alone banners are acceptable.
Terms and Conditions
The Renter shall pay to Hera Hub Irvine the full rental amount no later than 21 days before the commencement of the rental period. Of this amount there is a non-refundable deposit that will be applied to rental charges upon final settlement of accounts. The remainder is for damages/security deposit which will be returned to the Renter upon settlement, minus any charges for actual damages done to the venue by Renter or his/her associates.
The Renter shall have access to and use of the venue commencing and ending on the agreed upon dates and times. Hera Hub Irvine shall provide to Renter all keys, access control codes, and other items necessary to give Renter such access.
The full rental fee for the use of the venue described above shall be based upon the room chosen and the times it is being rented. The balance of the rental fee due, less the non-refundable deposit described above, shall be payable to Hera Hub Irvine upon the expiration of the rental period described above.
Renter shall tender to Hera Hub Irvine the rental fee balance due, and all keys and other access control devices in his/her possession (if applicable).
Renter shall remove all personal property, trash, and other items that were not present in the venue when Renter took control of it.
Upon Renter’s completion of his/her obligations above, Hera Hub Irvine shall return to Renter the security deposit minus any amounts deemed necessary to repair damages inflicted upon the venue by Renter and/or Renter’s associates, guests, invitees, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the venue during the rental period, whether or not such persons did so with Renter’s knowledge or consent.
Renter agrees to protect, indemnify, and hold Hera Hub Irvine, harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, damages or right of action directly or indirectly arising out of the use of the facility, included, but not limited to, the following.
Renter is responsible for any loss or damage to the Rental Space, adjoining facilities, building common areas, or building exterior or grounds. This includes all damages to any equipment, fixtures, surfaces, including the ceiling, floors and floor finishes, or any other property.
Renter agrees to compensate Hera Hub Irvine., for damage to property by any person attending the event, and further assumes responsibility for any personal injuries, including death, caused by participants of the scheduled event. Deposits may be used to offset the costs of such damages. Renter agrees and acknowledges that Renter’s liability for loss or damages is not limited to the amount of the deposits received by Hera Hub Irvine.
Hera Hub Irvine is not responsible for items belonging to Renter or Renter’s guests that are lost, stolen, or damaged during the Rental period. Renter and Renter’s guests as Renter’s permitted invitees RELEASE Hera Hub Irvine FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGES to such property.
Limitation of Liability
Hera Hub Irvine’S LIABILITY TO RENTER FOR DAMAGES ARISING FROM RENTAL OR USE OF THE ACTIVITY AND MEETING ROOM SPACE FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER IS LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY RENTER TO Hera Hub Irvine IN RENTAL FEES AND DEPOSITS.
Liability for Guests
Renter is, and hereby acknowledges that it is liable for the actions and behavior of Renter’s guests during the Rental Period, and at any other time such guest is on or around the Rental Space as a result of Renter’s use of the Rental Space. Hera Hub Irvine will not be liable for the safety of Renter’s guests. RENTER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Hera Hub Irvine FROM ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM THE ACTIVITIES OF RENTER AND RENTER’S GUESTS DURING THE RENTAL PERIOD.
A room reservation will take the room off the market and prevent another renter from reserving the space. A 50% deposit is required at booking and the remaining 50% will be charged 7 days before the booking occurs. NO REFUNDS will be issued for cancellations after 7 days prior to the event.
Space Rental Reminders
Planning Your Event
Please understand that the rental time per the signed rental agreement will commence and conclude as stated per the agreement. To prevent additional fees, make sure to factor in set-up and clean-up time in addition to the actual event. This shall include but is not limited to set up, tear down, clean up, networking prior to and/or after the event, A/V testing, table and chair arranging, and any other details that will propel your event to success.
Room Clean Up
- Please do not move or rotate any furniture in the lobby
- Do not open or close the glass door separating the lobby and conference room
- MEETING ROOMS
- Leave as found – neat, orderly and clean
- Push chairs back in, straighten tabletops, remove all trash, lights out
- COWORKING SPACE
- Leave as found – neat, orderly and clean
- Place tabletop items and pillows back, push in benches and chairs
- Push in chairs as needed
- RESTROOMS & KITCHEN
- Leave as found – sparkling clean
- Put all dishes in dishwasher and/or wash and put away
- Put clean dishwasher dishes away in cabinets
- Wipe counters dry
- Hang towels neatly
- Wipe in and around sinks
After Event – Clean Up and Leaving
- Please ensure you leave the space clean and as you found it (refer to notes above for each space)
- Please turn the lights off