Hera Hub GURU Valerie Grant has two decades of fundraising experience, helping obtain millions of dollars in funding for organizations across the globe. She is the principal owner of Grant Consulting Services LLC., a fundraising consulting firm, and as President of the Grant Professionals Association, San Diego Chapter, she is recognized in the community as a funding expert. Collectively, her team has 33 years of funding development experience and is committed to positively impacting organizations through funding development work.
Valerie is passionate about helping people and organizations to utilize available resources, including aiding private small and women-owned businesses in searching and applying for government contracts. She also assists nonprofit organizations through project development, comprehensive funding searches, expert grant management, and professional grant proposal writing services. She has secured funding for clients in the youth development, education, and human services fields from government, corporate and foundation funding sources.
Questions you may want to ask Valerie include:
- Is my business or organization eligible for grants or government contracts?
- What is the process to find and obtain grants and/or contracts?
- How do I cut through the red tape and obtain contracts with the government?
- Should my business become certified and why?
Valerie has a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration from Baker College in Flint, MI, and studied Social Work for two years at Norfolk State University in Norfolk, VA. At Grant Consulting Services, she practices what she preaches by helping others. Some of Valerie’s community involvement and volunteer work includes:
- KOCT Board of Directors
- Fashionkind Board of Directors
- Grant Professionals Association San Diego County Chapter-President
- North County Philanthropy Council-Mentor