Events at Hera Hub: You MUST COMPLETE THIS FORM to get your event listed on our public calendar after you book your event room or space.
19 Steps to Marketing Your Workshop or Event
Download the Hera Hub Event Planning Checklist
- Create a catchy title that gets to the point and shows a benefit (positive vs. negative) - oftentimes this is all people are going to see in an email or social media post… so make it count!
Example: “19 Marketing Mandates to SELL OUT your Next Workshop” or if you’re really sassy…
“19 Marketing Mandates to Guarantee BUTTS in Seats at your Next Workshop”
- In addition to a concise description, include a list of benefits – what are people going to walk away with?
- Have the info accessible on your website – make it easy to copy and paste (and/or download).
If possible, show pictures and testimonials from prior workshops on your website.
- Make it EASY and simple to register and pay in advance! Take payments via your website – a simple paypal button is easy to set up. Don’t make people call, email, or mail you a check… they won’t do it!!!! In addition to paypal you can use www.prestoregister.com or www.eventbrite.com
- Be clear on your refund policy – if there are no refunds state it clearly at registration. One suggestion – offer the registrant to pass their ticket on to a friend/colleague if they can’t attend.
- Plan ahead – at least 3 weeks out – 4 weeks or more is better
also check local calendars to make sure there are not other major events happening during that date/time. A few to browse…
- Don’t schedule the first day (or two) of the month – I find that some people don’t think about their schedule for the month until they are “in” that month
- Understand your market – when is it most realistic to make it? Day, night, weekend?
- Set up a Facebook event to make it EASY to share. However DO NOT “message” a large number of people to invite them to your event. Use the “share” link or “invite friends” link instead.
- Communicate via various channels – different people are engaged in different places – email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, phone. Remember, there are a ton of other options for them to choose from… you have to convince them that your workshop is worth their time and money!
- Don’t be afraid to communicate multiple times – on average, it takes 7 impressions.
- Work your strategic alliances – choose at least 5 key relationships and ask them to help you spread the word. Give them an incentive if you want.
- Don’t stress if you do not have the numbers you want a week out.
SOME PEOPLE are LAST MINUTE, so be sure to send last minute reminders, even morning of the workshop. You will even likely have some that show up at the door… plan for this!
- Remember to send email reminder to those that have previously registered the day before to make sure they have details, such as directions.
- Early bird registration pricing encourages people to register in advance. It’s recommended that you set this 1-2 weeks out and increase the price enough to make people think twice – 20-30%, depending on the price-point.
- Do a give-away on your social media – create some excitement. “First person to answer the following question correctly gets a free ticket to my upcoming workshop…”
- Create a one-page simple flyer that can be easily printed and shared
* Also, make the flyer a .jpg file so it can be easily shared on Facebook
- Post video testimonials for your website from prior workshop attendees
- List your event on local online calendars – see the Hera Hub private Facebook group for a document listing many of these sites.
If you prefer not to read, her is a video summarizing these points…