We’re looking for ambitious college students who are looking for experience in marketing, events, and public relations…
Internships at Hera Hub are different. You won’t be given a list of to-do’s. You’ll be given a blank canvas and asked to create. You’ll receive a lot of guidance and training as we explore your passions, skills, and dreams, and find out the best way for you to use them in our company. You’ll be given significant freedom in your projects, with the encouragement to start new things within our company. You’ll be given the power to help shape the course of our company. You’ll be given the opportunity to do something vitally significant, now.
But, we’ll also expect a lot out of you. We’ll expect you to be passionate about our mission to support female entrepreneurs. We’ll expect you to take initiative in fulfilling your role and beyond. Up for the challenge?
We offer a fun, team environment where we will support you in learning marketing strategy, event planning, and media relations activities. Internships are becoming the new job requirement, as this article explains.
Learn about one intern’s experience…
We are looking to build our team in the following areas…
* Supporting execution of marketing activities and the strategies that drive them
* Blog strategy and development (which feeds our social media campaigns)
* Continue to build and create engagement on the following platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Google+
* Assist in PR activities, such as press release development, online postings, and media outreach
* Help track media opportunities for Hera Hub members through HARO.com and ReporterConnection.com
* Help manage database and outgoing email announcements
* Analysis of marketing campaigns
* Support on event organization and set-up
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Some social media experience requested – facebook, pinterest & twitter
* Must have transportation and be able to work on location at least 2 hours per week
Candidates must be able to take direction, have initiative, be able to work well independently and in groups, as well as attend periodic evening events. This is a start-up business, so an interest in entrepreneurship is a major plus!
This is a non-paid internship. Applicants must be pursuing a college degree and be seeking school credit. Preference is given to applicants with at least a 3.0 GPA. Previous experience in a marketing environment/internship and involvement with related student organizations is preferred. Applicants must also have the permanent legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.